Tuesday 16 February 2016

An afternoon at Skipwith

Over the last year or so I've seen many a beautiful photo and heard lots of great things about Skipwith Common... so a long overdue visit finally happened after I was down teaching some physics in Selby earlier that afternoon. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it was harder to shoot than I'd expected. I spent 2 hours exploring, wandering, meandering, putting my foot into hidden bogs... and felt like I came back with very little - but actually, the more I look, the more I think I maybe did capture a hint of the essence of the place in the few photographs I took. 

You all know how I'm a sucker for the hills, the bright light, the colours... but I do love a good wander and some time on my own in the middle of anywhere - I just rarely share the photos from such trips as they never go down so well on social media. Although I do find it frustrating that I can't seem to see the beauty that is captured so apparently easily by some of the more accomplished woodland photographers - I at least enjoy the walk, if not the photography. So I returned from this wander refreshed but frustrated, despite seeing my 2nd and 3rd ever woodpeckers up close.

So... on with the photos... I hope they give a realistic representation of this place.









No comments:

Post a Comment